Wednesday

Orange Cookies

This easy cookie recipe is basically a orange sugar cookie that makes the house smell amazing. I'm pretty sure the smell should be bottled and sold. My friend gave me this recipe a couple of years ago and I forgot about it until now. I'm so glad I found it for this season!

Take note that you will need to chill the dough at least 2 hours but I like to toss it in the fridge overnight because I lack the control to wait 2 hours. If I pop it in before bed I let it actually let it sit.

1 1/2 cups melter butter (3 sticks)
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate (mix the rest of the tub with water for juice in the morning while you bake!)
2 eggs
4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp orange zest (about 1 orange to make it easier on the measurement side)
4 cups flour
a little extra sugar to coat

Melt the butter in the microwave and mix in the sugar and orange juice concentrate.

Once the mixture has cooled a little, add the eggs, baking soda, salt and orange zest.

Add the flour one cup at a time and mix well.

Let chill for 2+ hours.

Preheat your oven to 350. Roll the dough with your hands into walnut size balls and roll in sugar. Don't flatten the balls as they will spread out fine when baking. Tip: they will roll when you transfer the sheet to the oven so squish them enough so you don't loose them on the transfer.

Bake about 10 minutes and let them cool on a rack. The sugar gives them a nice crispy bottom you'll love!

No comments: